BIM House 2015 Volume II
Clarifications and corrections
Last updated: June 8, 2016
As with volume 1, best efforts to review, correct, and polish the information presented in the workbook still didn't prevent errors from sneaking their way into the published version. This page contains a list of known errors. Please check back if you experience any confusion, as this page will be updated as issues are identified. Feel free to use the contact form on this website as well if your question isn't answered here.
- Page 87: Under step 4, in the filter properties table, the material value reads Concrete - Cast-in-Place.
It should read Concrete, Cast-in-Place.
- Page 165: The closet for Bedroom 3 in the floor plan view is incorrectly labeled as CLOSET-BR2; it should be CLOSET-BR3.
- Page 179: The Units formatting setting shown in the Spot Slope Type Properties table should read Rise / 12".
- Page 184: Under step 10 in the spot slop options banner, Slope Representation should read Arrow.
- Page 275: The illustration showing where to sketch the tangent arc is incorrect. Use the following illustration as the correct reference.
- Page 285: In the site plan illustration where the distance and bearing tags are circled, the tag on the southern property line reads
- N 80° 55' 41" W. This should read N 80° 55' 40" W. This same error exists on all subsequent site plan illustrations where this tag is visible.
If the tags you placed match the illustration, then during the CAD file linking process the check box "Correct lines that are slightly off axis" didn't get unchecked. To correct the problem, delete the linked CAD site file and re-link it per the steps on page 242. After doing so, edit the property line sketch and align the southern boundary line to the corresponding line in the linked CAD file. After completing the edit, the distance and bearing tag should update to the correct value.
- Page 326: The title block family referenced in the sheet properties table is incorrect. It should read Arch-D 24x36 BIMHouse 2015.