BIM House 2015 Volume I
Clarifications and corrections
Last updated: March 16, 2016
Despite best efforts to review, correct, and polish the information presented in the workbooks, errors manage to sneak through to the published version. This page contains a list of known errors; some are harmless, others could cause a bit of head-scratching.
- Page 4: When entering the Project Issue Date, the format should be MM/DD/YYYY
- Page 12: In the table for step 8, "Rename Duplicated Floor Plan Views," the duplicated view name T.O.W. 1st FLR Copy 1 should read T.O.W. 2nd FLR Copy 1.
- Page 91: Correction to illustration "Split Locations"...
- Page 124: The tip regarding the vent-hood placement incorrectly specifies the range size. It should be 30" x 26".
- Page 136: Step 2 should read "Place 4 vanity sinks..."
- Page 153: In step 4, just verify that the changes made to the section view marker in the 1st floor plan view propagated to the 2nd floor plan view. If not, then repeat steps 1, 2, and 3 as instructed.
- Page 171: The V/G Overrides table that follows step 15 should be titled Plan-RCP-Working.
- Page 174: Correction to illustration (Material Browser)...
- Page 176: Section heading reads Add a Ceiling Over the Garage. This can be misleading since the ceiling spans over the entire single-level portion of the house, not just the garage.
- Page 216: Step 2 should read "Edit the Visibility/Graphics Overrides as shown in the table below. Note that these overrides are only a starting point and will and will be modified as the model progresses."
- Page 236: In step 3 you're instructed to select the roof type Wood Truss T.C. 4" - Composite Shingle+7/16"OSB. This should read Wood Truss T.C. 4" - Composite Shingle+1/2"OSB.
- Page 238: Floor Structure table (TJI 11 7/8" - 3/4"T&G) – Layer 2 material incorrectly reads Wood - Sheathing - plywood. This should read Plywood, Sheathing.
- Page 243: Table title "Stacked Wall Configuration" references incorrect stacked wall type name Stem Wall - 2x6 Top Plate on 6" Concrete. This should read Stem Wall - 2x6 Sill on 6" Concrete (to match type name given in step 7 on same page).
- Page 252: Compound Wall Structure table – Layer 1 material incorrectly reads Siding - 6" Horizontal Beige.
This should read Siding, Wood, Horizontal, 6" Beige.
- Page 254: Compound Wall Structure table (Soffit - Wood 2x4 – 1/2"GWB+_+0) - Layer 3 material incorrectly reads Wood - Stud Layer. This should read Structure, Wood Stud Layer.
- Page 292: Correction to illustration (Foundation Plan view)...
- Page 303: In step 6 you are creating a view template named Plan-Roof (not from a view named Plan-Roof).
- Page 304: In the roof properties banner, the roof type name incorrectly specifies 7/16" OSB. This should read 1/2" OSB.
- Page 309: In the table "Ceiling Structure: HardieSoffit on 3/8" OSB" layer 2 function column incorrectly reads Substrate .
This should read Structure .
- Page 348: Step 2 instructs the reader to lay out a 20' x 10' patio slab, which does not match the illustration.
This should read 24' x 10'.
- Page 363: In the table for the interior stairs type properties, Landing Type should be Non-monolithic landing.